The Girls’ Development Academy is part of U.S. Soccer's global leadership position in women's soccer and connects with its long-term plan to improve player and coach development. The mission of the program is to provide education, resources and support to directly impact the everyday environment for clubs to develop world-class female players.
Creating the Girls’ Development Academy provides the elite female player with an improved player development model in which players can focus solely on training with the appropriate number and level of games. This model focuses on developing the individual player within the club environment, which allows for additional training sessions per season to enhance player development.
The U.S. Soccer Development Academy Staff has prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions to better assist clubs, coaches, players and parents interested in the Girls’ Development Academy program. The program will feature three combined age groups in the Girls’ Development Academy: Under-14/15, Under-16/17 and Under-18/19.
Club Applications will open online on May 2, 2016 at 10 a.m. CT and can be found on http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy. Club applications will be evaluated by U.S. Soccer staff based on the Key Performance Criteria, detailed in the Frequently Asked Questions.
The U.S. Soccer Development Academy will host a series of webinars to provide interested clubs with more information about the application process and answer questions concerning the program. Please register in advance for the webinar via the links below.
- Webinar Session 1: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 1 p.m. CT
- Webinar Session 2: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1 p.m. CT
- Webinar Session 3: Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 1 p.m. CT
- May 2, 2016 at 12 p.m. CT - Club Applications Open Online
- May 3 - 19, 2016 - Webinar Information Sessions for Interested Clubs
- July 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CT - Last day to submit an application. Clubs will be selected on a rolling basis throughout the remainder of the 2016 calendar year
- September 1, 2017 - Start of the 2017-2018 Girls’ Development Academy season
The questions included in the online application will focus on the following areas:
- Player Pool and Market
- Player Development Effectiveness (YNT, WNT and Pro Player Production)
- Staff Leadership, Structure and Qualifications
- Style of Play and Philosophy
- Training Environment and Personal Development
- Facilities and Infrastructure
- Resources, Fees, Scholarship and Financial Assistance
General questions can be directed to the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.