Week 4 Recap
A busy Week 4 of the USSF D-2 Pro League saw seven matches scheduled across four days. The week kicked off with a Wednesday night match in Blaine, Minn. where the Rochester Rhinos took three points on the road against the NSC Minnesota Stars in a 3-0 win. The Pacific Northwest derby was in the spotlight on Thursday night when Vancouver Whitecaps FC traveled down to Portland, only to see the Timbers snatch a 2-1 victory with a second half goal. Saturday, May 1, rounded out the weeked fixtures with the Montreal Impact taking a 1-0 decision against the Puerto Rico Islanders in the afternoon showdown in Quebec. Rochester was back in action at home against Carolina at Marina Auto Stadium where the two teams played out a 1-1 draw. Minnesota could not reverse their midweek decision and dropped a second home match with a 2-1 loss to the Austin Aztex, while AC St. Louis earned their first franchise victory with a 1-0 win at home to Crystal Palace Baltimore. The first edition of the Florida derby closed the weekend with a 1-1 draw when the Tampa Bay Rowdies earned a point on the road to Miami FC.
Week 4 Results
|April 28||NSC Minnesota Stars 0, Rochester Rhinos 3||National Sports Center; Blaine, Minn.|
|April 29||Portland Timbers 2, Vancouver WhitecapsFC 1||PGE Park; Portland, Ore.|
|May 1||Montreal Impact 1, Puerto Rico Islanders 0||Stade Saputo; Montreal, Quebec|
|May 1||Rochester Rhinos 1, Carolina RailHawks 1||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|May 1||NSC Minnesota Stars 1, Austin Aztex 2||National Sports Center; Blaine, Minn.|
|May 1||AC St. Louis 1, Crystal Palace Baltimore 0||Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park; St. Louis, Mo.|
|May 1||Miami FC 1, Tampa Bay Rowdies 1||Lockhart Stadium; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.|
Week 4 Quick Hits
- Portland Timbers midfielder Ryan Pore continued his excellent form by scoring both goals in his team's 2-1 victory against Vancouver Whitecaps FC. He now has six goals in four games.
- Miami FC remains unbeaten but also winless; the south Florida team has three draws in three games played.
- Manuel Kante of AC St. Louis scored the game winner in the 1-0 win against Crystal Palace Baltimore to give the club its first win in franchise history.
Week 5 Preview
All five Week 5 matches take place on Saturday, May 3. The Montreal Impact will again play host to the afternoon fixture when the NSC Minnesota Stars visit Stade Saputo at 2:30 p.m. ET. The Rochester Rhinos will look to continue thier Week 4 form when take on AC St. Louis at Marina Auto Stadium at 7 p.m. ET, while Crystal Palace Baltimore will be looking to earn their first points of the season when they visit conference leading Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Swangard Stadium at 10 p.m. ET. The Austin Aztex will be the first team this season to visit George M. Steinbrenner Field when the Tampa Bay Rowdies make their home debut at 7:30 p.m. ET. Just across the peninsula, the Carolina Railhawks will take on Miami FC at 7:30 p.m. ET as both teams will be pushing for points in the crowded NASL Conference standings.
Week 5 Schedule
|May 8||Montreal Impact vs. NSC Minnesota Stars||2:30 p.m.||Stade Saputo; Montreal, Quebec|
|May 8||Rochester Rhinos vs. AC St. Louis||7 p.m.||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|May 8||Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Crystal Palace Baltimore||10 p.m.||Swangard Stadium; Burnaby, British Columbia|
|May 8||Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Austin Aztex||7:30 p.m.||George M. Steinbrenner Field; Tampa, Fla.|
|May 8||Miami FC vs. Carolina RailHawks||7:30 p.m.||Lockhart Stadium; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.|
Week 5 Notes
- Crystal Palace Baltimore, who have yet to get a result this season, face a stern test as they travel to conference leaders Vancouver Whitecaps FC who hold a 100 percent record at home.
- The Tampa Bay Rowdies will make their home debut on Saturday evening when they play host to the Austin Aztex at George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, Fla.
- With the Portland Timbers idle this week, the Austin Aztex will be looking to win on the road and jump to the summit of the USL Conference and earn the highest point total in the league.