Training Center FAQs
How does the U.S. Soccer Training Center differ from ODP, id2, and other identification programs?
- U.S. Soccer Training Centers are run directly by U.S. Soccer and used to identify players for the Youth National Team program
- There is no cost to the participants
Are there age or gender limitations for attending U.S. Soccer Training Centers?
- Each U.S. Soccer Training Center will specify the gender and age group, but the program caters to both genders and a span of ages from 12 to 16 years old
Is the U.S. Soccer Training Center a try out?
- No, while good performances can lead to selection for the Youth Nation Team player pool, the session is not a formal try out
- Participation is also a way for U.S. Soccer staff to track development of top players in different areas across the country
How can I sign my son or daughter up for a U.S. Soccer Training Center?
- Players are identified by our scouting network and invited based on their performance with their respective club teams
- Players must first prove they can be successful in a competitive club environment before being invited
If I attended a U.S. Soccer Training Center but was not invited to the next session, am I no longer in consideration for the Youth National Team program?
- If you were not invited to a subsequent U.S. Soccer Training Center, this does not mean you are no longer in consideration for the Youth National Team program
- Each Training Center has a different focus so players are encouraged to keep working hard in order to be considered for a future session
Will feedback be provided following the U.S. Soccer Training Center?
- No, direct feedback will not be provided to participants
- If a player’s coach attends (and coaches are encouraged to attend) they will be the best resource for feedback on how a player performed in comparison to their peers
What is the next step?
- Performance on the field is the best way to get the attention of our scouting network so continue to train in a competitive environment
If a Training Center is postponed how will players be notified?
- Players and coaches will be contacted by email as soon as a Training Center session is postponed
- The reschedule of dates and times will be distributed by email as well
Are parents allowed to attend?
- No, parents are not allowed to attend and view the U.S. Soccer Training Center
- Only coaches may attend the session
Is recruiting allowed?
- No, recruiting is strictly prohibited at U.S. Soccer Training Centers
How often are U.S. Soccer Training Centers held?
- Depending on your area, U.S. Soccer Training Centers are typically held every one to three months